Maintenance | Electronics & Navigation | Sailboat
Mooring Hardware | Tools & Repairs
What we collect and how we collect it
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with
us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably
identifiable. You generally have the option of interacting with us anonymously or using
a pseudonym, however in some instances this may prevent us from being able to
provide you with products and services, for an example where you place an order for
products online. The types of personal information we collect and use information
depending on your interaction and transactions with us, including:
What we collect:
• Contact name and details
• Payment and transaction information including type, bank and credit card details etc
• Delivery address or collection details
• Your location details through your smart phone or device
• Website and technical information ie browser, websites visited, IP address, user and system preferences, device type etc transaction, product, services and activity details of purchases, preferences and interactions
• Details of your communications and interactions with us
How we collect data:
• When you visit the We Are Marine website and related websites (ie
www.wearemarine.com)and social media platforms.
• Social media platforms
• Make a purchase or place an order
• Request a return where we collect Personal Information.
• Leave products for assessment or repair
• Attend a We Are Marine function or event
• Enter a competition or complete a survey
• Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback
• Participate in a promotion, competition or survey
• When you join a mailing list or subscribe with We Are Marine via Youtube, Facebook or Instagram or any other social media
• Post a review, rating or comment on our social media pages, or other user generated content on one of our websites or Apps
We may monitor and record your communications with us for security, dispute resolution and training purposes.
Collection of personal information by third parties
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information to provide, administer, improve and
personalise our products and services, and to support our business functions,
• to provide you with products and services including any associated loyalty program or credit card services
• to improve our service operations to enhance your customer experience
• to manage and work with our service providers to fulfil your request for products and services such as processing transactions and payments, delivering products and services, providing refunds and discounts to register and service your account and keeping your information up-to-date, and verifying your identity.
• to communicate with you and perform research and statistical analysis, such as customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes, tailor products and promotional offers to you, usage behaviour and user experience for online and digital platforms to improve functionality and usability. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties, partners and sellers that you have consented to share your information with (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes).
• to conduct investigative, fraud and loss prevention activities to protect We Are Marine’ interests including protection of our stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
• to respond to your query, feedback or concerns
• responding to and interacting with regulatory bodies and relevant government agencies
• general planning and administration, and as other required or permitted by law
• We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
Direct marketing, tech advertising and opting out
By providing your address, email address and contact number to We Are Marine or
its related parties and partners, you consent to We Are Marine contacting you for
the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways,
including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS and telephone. If we send you
direct marketing or send you electronic marketing messages based on your consent
or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, withdraw your
consent or opt-out by:
• Contacting We Are Marine by phone on 1800 870 826
• Using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages
• Adjust the permissions and notifications on your smartphone or device to stop notifications and to opt-out from allowing We Are Marine mobile applications to access your device’s camera, microphone or location information
• Contacting our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Privacy Officer, Marinehub Pty Ltd, Suite 4, 200 Victoria Rd, Drummoyne NSW 2047.
Sharing your personal information
We work with a number of suppliers that provide us with services to fulfil your
request or carry out specific functions on our behalf, including:
• contracted or approved third party service providers to facilitate delivery of your orders
• contracted or approved third party service providers or contractors to provide you with products or services requested by you or may be of interest to you, to process your payment, to communicate offers and promotions to you, and for product development and product, service and market research
• approved technology services including application and systems, cloud computing facilities, development and technical support, processing, storing, hosting, research and to analyse data
• retail brands, suppliers and sellers who provide products and services within the We Are Marine Marketplace and where products and services are provided on our behalf
• business advisors, including lawyers, accountants, insurance, recruitment advisors and agencies, auditors or other professional service providers to the extent reasonably required
• regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal process such as a search warrant, a court order or a subpoena and fraud management Some of our trusted service providers such as technology or data storage providers may be located outside of Australia including Japan, Singapore, India, Hong Kong, the Philippines, the United States of America and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to We Are Marine.
Protection of personal information
Personal information we hold can be in electronic or hard copy form, both onsite at a We Are Marine premises or with our trusted service provider. Any trusted service provider must observe and meet our information security requirements to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or unapproved alteration of, personal information. In addition, we have a number of security controls in place and use a range of resources, process and technology controls to protect your personal information. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online. You disclose that information at your own risk. You should be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential, access is limited and encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and log out after use. If you become aware of unauthorised access, please let us know as soon as practicable.
Third party sites
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. Links to third party sites that are not operated or controlled by We Are Marine are provided for your convenience. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, you are leaving We Are Marine and any personal information you provide will not be covered by this Policy and We Are Marine is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those sites. Third party websites should have their own privacy and security policies, which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information to them.
Access and Correction
If you would access to personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information subject to some exceptions permitted by law. When making an access request, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve the information. We may ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make, this includes providing us satisfactory proof of identity as determined by us. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act or will contact you directly to seek your permission. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful. You should ensure that all personal information submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. A record of the changes made to your personal information may be noted in your account or filing. You acknowledge that there may be circumstances where We Are Marine is entitled to assume such accuracy and completeness and reserves the right to not correct personal information, where permitted under relevant laws.
Complaints or Questions
We may ask you to submit your complaint in writing. We may discuss and share your complaint with our staff and our service providers and others as required and appropriate. All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated, and a response generally provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and advise you of this.
Updates to this Policy
If you would like to exercise these rights and you reside in those countries you can do so by contacting our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com who will assess your request. For information about privacy generally, you may visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.