General Return conditions
• Goods are in saleable condition
• Goods have not been worn or installed (i.e. unused) with original tags and labels attached
• Goods must be returned in the original packaging, which must be in the
original condition, including sealed boxes, branded dust bags and shoe boxes (you don’t need the clear plastic packaging, except for products sealed for hygiene reasons - see below)
• Goods must be returned within 30 days
• You must provide proof of purchase from We Are Marine
• Goods are not subject to the exclusions list below
Faulty product Returns
We aim to provide you with products of the highest standard and quality. If you have received a product with a defect, please contact our Customer Service Team as soon as possible so we can guide you through the returns process and help resolve the problem as swiftly as possible. In order to assist the return process, you may be required to send us images of the damage, defect or fault for preliminary assessment. You may be asked to provide further information to support your claim to assist us with our assessment of the goods.
If the product is confirmed to have a defect, we will replace or repair the product or refund the price of the product to your original payment method, as appropriate. If the product is found not to have a defect or deemed out of warranty, we will contact you to determine whether you want us to dispose of the product or return the product to you at your expense.
It does not constitute as a defect if in our reasonable opinion a product has become of unacceptable quality following the sale to you due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions, using it in an abnormal way or failure to take reasonable care.
We Are Marine will not reimburse postage and delivery costs where a return request is not approved.
’Change of Mind’ Returns
We hope you like what you buy first-up, but if you have changed your mind you can return most unused or unwanted items purchased online as long as you have your receipt or proof of purchase.
Our policy including the change of mind limits do not exclude or replace your rights under Consumer Guarantees of the Australian Consumer Law, regulations or otherwise as required by law.
If you have changed your mind and you are able to provide satisfactory proof of
purchase, We Are Marine may offer you an exchange or refund provided that the
• Is in saleable condition
• Is unworn or unused and in a saleable condition with all original tags and labels attached
• Is in the original packaging, which must be in the original condition, including sealed boxes, branded dust bags and shoe boxes (you don’t need the clear plastic packaging, except for products sealed for hygiene reasons - see below); and
• The exchange or refund is sought within a reasonable period of time (in most cases a reasonable period of time is deemed to be within 30 days); and
• Is not subject to the exclusions listed below Please note that products sealed for hygiene reasons (e.g. suncream, watches, swimwear), can only be returned under change of mind returns policy if the seal is intact. Consumable products in sealed bottles and containers cannot be returned once the seal is broken.
If you are unable to provide satisfactory proof of purchase, We Are Marine at its absolute discretion reserves the right not to offer a refund for change of mind. In such cases, We Are Marine may provide you in its absolute discretion, an exchange to the current value of the merchandise.
We Are Marine is not required to provide you with a copy of your original receipt to facilitate an exchange, refund, insurance or warranty claim.
Please ensure that all chargers, cables, attachments, nuts & bolts, screw, instruction manuals or accessories are returned with your item. Refunds via the post will be processed when the goods have been received and approved for return. We Are Marine will not reimburse postage and delivery costs on change of mind returns.
Excluded Change of Mind items:
Returns and exchanges will not be provided on the following types of merchandise unless the products fail to meet a consumer guarantee:
• Books and Charts
• Custom made, monogrammed, personalised, and altered products
• Towels & Linen
• Electronic equipment which has been removed from packaging and installed and/or activated
• Fittings and Hardware which have been installed
• Items that have a tag that accompanies the product that states 'no change of mind'
• Gift Cards or vouchers
• Any merchandise where the GST has been claimed under the Tourist Refund Scheme, unless proof of repayment of the GST upon return to Australia is provided
How Do I Return an Item?
Only registered users are able to self-serve their returns via post. Guest checkout
customers please contact our Customer Service team.
• Go to “My Account” on We Are Marine and click on “Purchase history” on
the left-hand menu. Each of your invoices from The We Are Marine are displayed
and sorted by date.
• Find the invoice containing the item you wish to return and click “Return items”.
• Select the item from the invoice to return by clicking the checkbox next to the picture of the item
• Select a reason for return from the drop box. Be sure to add any further notes for the seller such as details of a fault and create the return
• Print the return label, put the return authority form in the parcel to return and stick the “Deliver To:” form on the front to ensure the item makes its way back to We Are Marine
On receipt of the return a We Are Marine team member will inspect and process the return and make sure it gets back to the Seller if it meets our return criteria. Typically you would expect your refund to be processed within 7 to 10 days.
Returning “Big & Bulky” items
We Are Marine sells a wide range of products both big and small. Some products cannot be transported via regular post and require special courier services. These products are labelled as big & bulky on the product page and to return them you will need to make special arrangements via email to the We Are Marine Customer Service Team or by calling us on 1800 870 826.
Please Note We do not accept returns for 'change of mind' for sales to individuals who We Are Marine believes to be resellers. Bulk purchases are final sales, and the change of mind policy does not apply.
Exchanges & Refunds
What should I do if We Are Marine or the Seller
refuses to accept a return for refund?
If we do not process a refund that you feel you are entitled to, you should escalate the matter to us by email or by calling 1800 870 826.
Please note that The We Are Marine’s change of mind policy does not impact your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and Regulations.